Read Golf Club Reviews Before You Buy



To me, there's nothing more enjoyable than a weekend filled with golfing. It's not unusual for me to play 18 holes on Saturday, and then go right back for 9 more on Sunday. Not only is this great exercise, but it also gives me a chance to take in some fresh air and great conversation with my buddies. Plus, all this extra practice has helped me reduce my handicap, which is always a good thing.

In fact, I'm making such strides in my game that I've decided to take things a bit more seriously from now on. For example, instead of continuing to play with the used clubs that I bought at a garage sale three years ago, I'm planning on purchasing a whole new set. The problem is, there are so many choices out there that I hardly know where to begin my search. That's where reading comprehensive golf club reviews can come in handy.

Well-written golf club reviews provide a great deal of information about the products offered from individual manufacturers, making it easier for me to decide whether a particular wood or iron would be suitable for my game. After reading numerous golf club reviews, I have a much better idea of what to look for when I go shopping. Here are some of the tips I've gleaned so far.

First, it's important to know something about the reviewer before you take his or her word for how well certain clubs perform. Golf club reviews written by pros should obviously carry a lot more weight than those written by weekend warriors who hit the links just a couple times per year. So I'm apt to pay attention to golf club reviews that appear in printed magazines, but far less likely to be impressed by one published on an anonymous blog.

Second, it's also important to know the limitations of your own game so as not to create any unreasonable expectations regarding your new set of clubs. For instance, just because several golf club reviews tout a particular titanium driver as the number one choice of long-hitting pros, that doesn't mean you're suddenly going to get 300 yards off the tee if you buy this product. If your personal strength is the short game or putting, then don't go out and spend several hundred dollars on a driver. Play to your strengths.

And finally, golf club reviews can help alert you to new products that you never knew existed. If all your friends carry Nike clubs in their bag just because that's what Tiger Woods uses, then you probably haven't been exposed to even a fraction of all the different options available. Brand names don't improve your game, quality products do.

Getting hold of a few print magazine or online golf club reviews will go a long way towards helping you choose the right equipment for your game. I wouldn't dream of buying clubs without doing this kind of research first!
Facebook CommentsShowHide

0 komentar