It is no secret that I am an impulsive person.

It is no secret that I am an impulsive person. All of my friends know that I am as likely as not to act without thinking first. I'm pretty intelligent, but I don't always use this intelligence to plan ahead. So the other day, when I found that my hard drive was rapidly running out of space, I promptly deleted a folder filled with what I thought were junk files. A lot of the files in that folder were junk. There were a lot of old zips that I had downloaded, programs that I probably would never have to reinstall. As such, I did not need to keep the files. What I didn't realize at the time, however, was that that folder also contained several hundred of my most precious digital photographs.

Unfortunately, I had already expunged my recycle bin before I realized what I had done. At that point, I thought there was no hope of digital image recovery. Then I thought about it again. I have seen some law enforcement show the other day where they had talked about digital data recovery. Apparently, even if your erase your computer's files, they stay on the system until you write over them again. If that was the case, I figured it should be possible to recover digital images from my hard drive.

I found some free digital image recovery software on the Internet and thought I'd give it a try. It was a nifty little program. It was freeware, allowing you to try it for a limited amount of time for free as long as you registered or uninstalled it within 10 days. I figured that I wouldn't even need to register the digital image recovery would either work right away, or it wouldn't work at all. Nonetheless, I was so pleased with the results that I decided to register it anyway. It managed to recover all of my digital images without a hitch, and I was very pleased to have saved some of my most precious memories.

If you are ever in need of digital image recovery, you had best do it right away. Recovering digital images gets much more difficult ones your computer has written new files. It is only a matter of time before your hard drive will write over those old files that you erased, so you get them right away. Otherwise, you might have to pay for a much more expensive data recovery service if you want your pictures back.
Facebook CommentsShowHide

0 komentar