Battered Woman



I used to watch talk shows in the past and listen to battered women tell their sad stories. I felt terrible for them but couldnt understand why in the world those women wouldnt leave their situations. I didnt even bother to try to figure it out. I just knew that it would never happen to me because I was much stronger than they were. When I got married, I never dreamed that I would become a battered woman. While my husbands abuse was more mental and emotional than physical, I quickly found myself turning into those poor women that I had previously questioned. One morning, I looked at myself in the mirror and saw a bruise on my shoulder. At that moment, I said outloud, I am a battered woman. I knew that I had to do something about it, but knowing what you have to do and doing something about it are two very different situations. A battered woman starts to blame herself for the abuse. She thinks that if she just said something differently or wore a different outfit, cooked better, cleaned better
anything, then the abuse would end. I tried so many different ways to make it stop. And in so many different ways, it would simply arise from a different angle. I was made to feel worthless and ugly, a disgrace to my family anything you can imagine. Eventually, I was able to leave the marriage but getting the help and courage that I needed was a long and terrifying journey.

If youre a battered woman or know someone who is being abused, there is a lot of help to be found. The hardest part of reaching out and getting help is admitting that there is something wrong. Talking to a trusted doctor or therapist can put the battered woman in touch with lots of different programs and individuals who can effectively help you to leave the situation safely and begin a new start elsewhere.

The media tells us stories of women who end up being victims of their husbands or boyfriends violent rampages and it results in a brutal murder. Someone will step right through a restraining order and seek revenge on the issuer. There is always some story of an abusive relationship or marriage that ends in tragedy to remind us that it isnt easy to just walk away from an abusive relationship. There are quite a few things that a battered woman should do in order to ensure her safety and well-being. Reaching out for help is the key to getting on the right path. Letting someone help you to formulate a safe and effective escape plan is pertinent. The most important factor to keep in mind is to always tell yourself that youre worth more than what youre receiving. You deserve more. No matter what, dont give up on yourself.
Facebook CommentsShowHide

0 komentar