Address book



Whatever happened to having just one address book? A small book in which you wrote down the names, addresses and phone numbers of people that you knew. Somehow, technology took over and now people have an address book in their computers and cell phones. People have asked me for my address before and programmed it into their Blackberry phones. Me? I carry around a small address book in my purse and have a large one at home. I write everything in pencil so that if someone moves, I can simply change it without having to scribble it out. Call me old-fashioned, but it has never let me down and if my cell phone battery dies, I dont have to worry about losing someones address or information.

Plus, lets say that youre unfortunate enough to lose your cell phone. Suddenly, the person who stole it or finds it now has some personal information about the individuals who were programmed into your phone. If your computer crashes or your electric goes out while addressing your holiday cards, there wont be panic in your household if you have an old-fashioned address book. Sure, you can still program everything into your phone or computer if you simply must participate in modern day technology. However, technology does have its drawbacks and when it fails, it never hurts to have a back-up plan.

If you absolutely must have an address book for your computer, which would make sense for businesses, there are programs that you can purchase or download that will make your life easier. They will keep things more than organized for you and are very simple to use. Most likely, you can find some to download for free online.

Of course, there are address books for email addresses as well. Where would we be without them? Wed have to type an email address every single time we wanted to send someone an email, which lets face it would be a bit of an inconvenience. Without an address book in our email systems, sending a group email could take hours to actually type and send. People within companies would spend half their days just typing in addresses when sending out electronic memos or notices to others. However, just like other forms of technology, people have had their entire address books wiped out and lost hundreds of email addresses. Computers can be cruel at times.

If youre a person who prefers modern day technology for keeping an address book more power to you. Id recommend that you have a back-up plan, but thats just a suggestion. As for myself, Ill keep writing things in my ancient address book. Ill keep my fingers crossed that my email system doesnt decide to destroy my address book of all of my email addresses.
Facebook CommentsShowHide

0 komentar